Chili soya chicken

Two years ago I planned on enrolling a cooking class coz’ honestly, I really don’t have such good skill when it comes to cooking. I was thinking that instead of enrolling into a cooking class maybe it’s better to look for recipes on the internet then just try and see if the food that I will cook will taste great. So I did try this Chili soya chicken which I found on this website Home Cooking Rocks.



So here are the ingredients:

1 whole chicken, about 1.2 kg., chopped into serving size pieces
2 Thai chili, sliced vertically
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/4 c. of dark soy sauce
1/8 c. of kalamansi (lemon or lime) juice
1/4 c. of honey
3/4 c. of water



Instructions:

Heat a non-stick frying pan. Put the chicken in a single layer and cook until the skins are lightly browned. Flip over and cook the other side for a couple of minutes (until the meat is no longer pink). Put on rest of the ingredients. Pour in about 3/4 c. of water. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces over and simmer for another 10 minutes. Take off the cover, turn up the heat and boil the chicken until the sauce is thick.


So, below is a photograph I took after I cooked this chili soya chicken and I have this feeling that I’ll do great in my kitchen :)





Comments

Popular Posts